1973 Ford Escort MK1 – Mexico RS Replica
|Condition:||Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of … Read more about the condition||Year:||1973|
|Mileage:||31,000||Reg. Mark:||*** ***L Get the Vehicle Status Report|
This 1973 Escort Mk1 Mexico Recreation benefits from a great spec. It wouldn’t take a huge amount of time or money to convert to a full blown race car or to get MSA logbooked for Rallying.
As it sits, it is a very straight and solid fast road car that really is a hoot to drive and extremely quick for a classic Escort. The car was recommissioned in 2014 from a rot free shell and was taken back to Bare metal before painting in the Purple you see today.
Please see below a breakdown of the current specification.
- GRP4 Steel arched shell with type 49 top plates, Larger gearbox tunnel (Which could accommodate a sequential at a later date) Firewalled, Fully Turreted, Tubbed at the rear to accommodate 15″ wheels, Safety Devices bolted in Half cage (Again, easy to convert to a full cage)
ENGINE & BOX:
- ST170 2.0 Duratec
- GSXR Bike carbs
- Megajolt ECU
- VVT Controller
- Full Ashley stainless steel manifold and full exhaust system
- Alloy high flow radiator with twin electric fans
- Retroford thermostat kit with Silicone hoses
- Full working heater matrix
- Rebuilt Type 9 5 speed gearbox with lightened and balanced flywheel and Organic clutch kit
- Boot mounted battery
- 60 LTR Group 4 Ralloy fuel tank with Facet pump and pressure regulator (Spare pump wired in too)
- Spare wheel holder
SUSPENSION, BRAKES & DRIVELINE ETC:
- Twin Cam anti roll bar with double width and Anti dive kit, Bilstein Group 1 front struts with vented discs and Willwood 4 pot callipers
- Burton large bearing alloy hubs
- Concentric Adjustable top mounts
- Polybushed throughout.
- Turreted Bilstein rear with Bosworth Disc conversion
- English axle with Quaife ATB Limited slip Diff
- Quaife 16T Two piece shafts and semi floating hubs
- Anti tramp bars and canard Rod kit
- Adjustable bias pedal box with dash mounted adjuster
- Quick rack with Group 4 coupling,
- Corsa B Electric power steering – Weight adjustable on dash
- Hydraulic fly-off Handbrake (With cables for MOT)
- OTHER BITS AND PIECES:
- 8″x13″ Minilite Superlites with both Yokohama and Kumho tyres
- Fire extinguisher
- Flocked six dial RS dash
- Fishnet Recaros with 4 point TRS harnesses
- Quickshift gear lever
- SIM lamps with Cibie covers
A rare opportunity to acquire a lovely classic Escort that has been treated to some healthy modifications without making the car unreliable or hard to drive on the road.