1973 Restored FORD Escort Mk1 ‘2000E’ ****SOLD****
Up for sale: 1973 Ford Escort ‘2000E’ (1300E 2.0 Zetec)
- 2015 Classic Ford Show ‘Great Unveiling’ Participant (Santa Pod, Beds.)
- 2015 Classic Motor Show ‘Meguiars Showcase Finalist’ (NEC, Birmingham)
- 2016 ‘Classic Ford of the Year Nominee’ (Classic Ford Magazine)
- 2017 ‘Best Modified’ (Wonderland Sports & Classic Car Show, Hoveringham)
An extensive 7 year restoration was completed in May 2015, and now having covered 2,000 miles and satisfied that it is now ready for a new owner, this very high standard, period looking modified Mk1 Escort is now available to the marketplace, in order for the owner to now commence another ‘Classic Ford’ project.
The Escort was subject to a full feature in Classic Ford Magazine in the September 2016 issue and can be read from the link below.
Details of the restoration are extensive, as are the sourcing of NOS parts, from critical components such as panels to the often overlooked trim. ‘Detail & Finish’ was absolutely key throughout the process and comments from many reflect that this has been accomplished.
- October 1973 (Registered December 1973) , 1300E, Stardust Silver (Sikkens Autowave Waterbase & Crystal Lacquer) Underside (2K Gloss) New vinyl with a fully rebuilt Britax Weathershield sunroof.
- 2.0 Zetec (Silvertop) 6,000 miles covered since being honed, new rings, skimmed head, new head gasket, new valve seals. Standard cams. (all painted in Satin Plastikote) Type 9 gearbox with Quaife shift, ‘BDA style’ rocker cover, New Weber 45’s with braided fuel lines, Omex ECU, New painted copper radiator, Kenlowe fan, Full 2.5” stainless exhaust inc. 4-2-1 manifold, New fully rebuilt 3.77 English diff within a powdercoated rear axle, New front and halfshaft bearings, Bilstein adjustable coilover front struts, all front suspension powdercoated throughout. Bias box fed in braided hose to new M16 calipers, Mintex pads and vented discs. New rear dampers, Powdercoated multi leafs with lowering blocks, New polybushes throughout. New banded Lotus 5.5J wheels and chrome centrecaps with Falken 185/60/13’s.
- New RS ‘Scheel’ specification beta cloth interior, fully stripped, re veneered dash and cappings, new door cards and footwell panels. New black Moonstone headlining and sunroof head lining, original rear quarter panels and new rear parcelshelf.
- New panels required, rear quarter, inner and outer sills, front and rear panel, slam panel, turrets, full length inner wing tops, door skins, front floor pans and the addition of strut top strengthening plates.
- Other new items to mention would be, windscreen, drop glasses, dash switches, boot trim and hockey sticks, front indicator lenses and rear light lenses, front quarter and rear bumpers with rechromed door handles and rear light surrounds.
There is a comprehensive record of receipts from, and imagery of, the restoration throughout the entire process that naturally will accompany the car to the new owner.
The Escort has an MOT expiry date of 30th June 2018 and is located in Co. Durham in North East England.
If you’re interested in purchasing this or any other car, please contact me by filling out our online form, or call me (Jeff) directly at 314-478-2323